Director of Music
Position: Director of Music
Report to: Lead Pastor
Type of Position: Part-time; salary commensurate with experience
Purpose: This position is established to encourage excellence in musical worship; provide spiritual guidance; support fellowship; coordinate with other ministries to facilitate meaningful worship; and offer skills in music conducting, vocal knowledge, and piano.
1. Be responsible to and work closely with the Lead Pastor to carry out the music ministry of the church, and to honor any requests he/she may have regarding the coordination and leadership of any worship services.
2. Oversee the music program at Trinity UMC to include directing the chancel choir.
1. Music degree
2. Experience in conducting
3. Effective communication skills
4. Play piano
5. Be a person of recognized Christian character.
6. Exhibit character traits that reflect emotional maturity, sound judgment, and moral temperament consistent with the teachings of the church.
7. Demonstrate discretion and personal compatibility with the laity and professional staff.
8. Support the liturgy, ritual, and educational ministry of TUMC.
Job description available upon request.
Please email a resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Children's Choir Director
Position: Children’s Choir Director
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Type of Position: Part-time (on average 1 hour a week, plus planning)
Salary: (commensurate with experience)
Trinity United Methodist Church is committed to music ministry with children. Music is a way of teaching and transmitting the joy of the Good News of Jesus Christ. Music helps children learn to love and appreciate God.
Goal of Children's Music Program:
The goal of the Trinity Children's Music Ministry is to teach children how to have fun while singing unto the Lord. We desire that our children develop their faith, vocal abilities and enthusiasm to worship God.
The Director will have primary responsibility to develop a high-quality, spirit filled music ministry for our young children.
The Director must see this position as a ministry to and with the people of Trinity UMC. It is expected that our Children’s Choir Director be pursuing the life of a fully devoted follower of Jesus Christ and be committed to the mission and core values of our church.
Specific experience will include demonstrated musical ability, preferably basic keyboard proficiency and directing abilities. The Director must understand the nuances of working with a large group of young children and possess the spirit and demeanor to create an inviting, loving, celebratory, directed environment.
1. Develop a dynamic, inviting children's music ministry which will teach and proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ to our children.
2. Give our children the opportunity to grow in faith and share that faith in worship.
3. Demonstrate strong communication skills with children, parents, Sunday School teachers and staff.
4. Plan, rehearse, and conduct music for children 3 years old through 5th grade on a weekly basis.
5. Schedule the Children’s Choirs for participation in worship services every 4-6 weeks.
6. Organize and direct the Children’s Christmas program.
7. Work closely with the Director of Children’s Ministries to coordinate and integrate the weekly music program for children.
Application must include:
A Cover letter explaining their desire to serve in this position, a brief statement about their philosophy of ministry related to children’s music and a description of their own faith journey.
Three references that can be contacted and their phone numbers.
Application will be closed when the position is filled.
Please mail or email this information to:
301 Marine Blvd.
Jacksonville, NC 28540
Part-time Nursery Position
We are always looking for an experienced, energetic, and dependable nursery worker to provide care for children ages infant - 4 years during worship services on Sunday morning, Parents Morning Out on Tuesday morning, and for other occasional weekday Bible studies and events. We adhere to Safe Sanctuaries, and will complete a full background check on all applicants. If interested, please download an application. Email your filled out application, along with your resume, cover letter, and at least three references to email@example.com