We want to equip families with the tools to nurture and disciple their children. Our Sunday School teachers go through Safe Sanctuaries training, and are CPR & First Aid certified. We use The Gospel Project Kids curriculum. Below is the Scope & Sequence, which outlines our Bible Study.
Sunday School is from 10:00-10:50, in the following classrooms:
- Birth through 1 Year, downstairs in the Infant Nursery, Room 102
- 1 Year- 2 Years, downstairs in the Toddler Nursery, Room 101/103
- 2 Year Olds, downstairs in the 2's & 3's Nursery, Room 105
- Preschool 3s & 4s, upstairs in 3's & 4's Preschool Room 214/216
- Kindergarten & First Grade, upstairs in Room 213
- Second & Third Grade, upstairs in Room 218
- Fourth & Fifth Grade, upstairs in Room 220
Praying with your kids
I hope your kids enjoy their prayer journals! Journaling your prayers is great way to reflect on what God has done your child's life. Prayers don't have to be poetic or long, God loves to hear all of our prayers! If your child is having a hard time, here are some ways to guide them:
- Thank God. Thank God for His love, for all that He is, and all that He has done. Show reverence for God. Thank God for gifts, creatures, or anything your child loves!
- Ask God to forgive your mistakes. It's important to know when we have done wrong, confess, and ask God to help us next time.
- Help for family or friends. Take the time to think of someone you know who needs help.
- Present your needs and requests to God. Ask God for help, courage, wisdom, or kindness. Ask God to help with fears or problems.
- Thank and Praise God. Thank God for how he has blessed you.
An easy prayer tool is the ACTS prayer
- A stands for “adoration.” Begin the prayer by simply adoring God for who He is.
- C stands for “confession.” Spend some time confessing your sins.
- T stands for “thanksgiving.” Take time to thank God for the blessings that He has given to you and your family.
- S stands for “supplication.” Lift up specific areas of your life in which you need God to supply for your needs.
The Deep Blue Bible Storybook is a great Storybook Bible. We use this Bible in our Nursery through 1st Grade Classrooms.
The ESV Children's Bible is the Bible we use in our 2nd through 5th grade classes. It is a wonderful transition Bible, with beautiful illustrations.
Thoughts to Make Your Heart Sing is a fantastic tool to help your child develop their devotional life.
Children's Handbell Choir
Our children's handbell choir meets on Sunday morning during the school year from 9:15 to 9:45. Pam Taylor teaches the kids proper techniques and music fundamentals. All children in 4th grade and up are able to attend.
Tae Kwon Do Ministry
Tae Kwon Do is an ancient martial art that was first practiced in what is today modern day Korea. Today Tae Kwon Do is practiced throughout the world. In fact, Tae Kwon do is the most popular of all the martial arts practiced today. It was recently granted Olympic Sport status by the IOC. Some people choose to practice Tae Kwon Do for self-defense and other people for exercise. While both self-defense and exercise are good reasons to practice Tae Kwon Do, I suspect many people enjoy the benefits of increased confidence, better focus, and the character development that comes from its practice.
As we practice and learn together here at Trinity we will also spend time praying for one another and our families, as well as spending time together in devotion. Our goal through this program is to strengthen our bodies, our minds, and most importantly our devotion to God. Classes meet at the following times:
We meet at 6:30 - 7:30 Tuesdays and 6:30 - 7:30 on Thursdays
For more information contact Richard Anderson at (910) 265-2170.